Monday, December 19, 2005

Norvegia - August 1997

This was one of my first trip on my own. I had just started with working and I finally had some money to invest. I was very busy with chats at the time, especially with CU-seeme, a videoconferencing program where you could meet people in rooms, just like a chat but with videos. There I met this norwegian girl and I organized this trip. The place she took me to was astonishing as you can see from yourself. I took these pics with one of those carton cameras you can throw away after. It was not far from Lillehammer, city that held the winter olympic games in 1994. We used a small boat to get there. I was astonished. I love nature and there is nothing but nature over there. I walked through the forrest like a kid, with my eyes wide open looking at every single thing like it was the first time I was out in the wild. There were enormous mushrooms standing out an hard carpet of little bushes that cover the forrest floor.
One day we also went fishing, without luck though and I got to know of this Hittas were Norwegians go to take a break from the cities, of the books were they write down memories, adding fotos, year after year.
I really have to thank that girl.
The days in Oslo were quite boring compared to the peace I experienced in this wild place.
Of the first day I can remember the dinner we had but even clearly how much they drink! We had like 3, 4 beers before dinner, then some bottles of wine, the some cognac then... I threw up: definitely not a nice introduction. The day after we went to eat oysters at Oslo's dock. I will never forget driving around Oslo, on the paasanger sit, in a big american sport car with this beautiful blond girl driving looking at people and thinking: "Oh yeah, I am having a good time indeed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home